Monday 28 May 2012

The Deep Dark Woods - The Place I Left Behind

Alt-country, americana, folk/country rock, call it what you like, but you know, that sort of thing used to be what I would mostly listen to. But over recent years any new stuff hasn’t grabbed my attention that much. Apart from the Canadian band The Deep Dark Woods. Their recently released fourth fourth album The Place I Left Behind is their best yet (just about edges it over the brilliant Hang Me, Oh Hang Me). The songs are mainly on the theme of the title track. That of leaving a place, looking for somewhere new, getting away, but not being able to escape what you left behind. A truly great album that should get the band some more recognition. Follow link to get the title track The Deep Dark Woods - The Place I Left Behind

No comments: